Friday, June 26, 2009
Preferred bidder announced for Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth games village
City Legacy Consortium has been chosen as preferred bidder to build the Athletes Village for the 2014 Commonwealth Games at Dalmarnock in the East End of Glasgow by Glasgow City Council.
The City Legacy consortium comprises
- Developers and contractors, CCG, Cruden, Mactaggart & Mickel, and W H Malcolm
- Bid Management, Project Management and Cost Management, DavisLangdon LLP
- Masterplanners and Design Champions, RMJM
- Engineers, WSP Group Plc
- Community Benefit and Town Planning advice, Turley Associates
- Legal advisors, Burness LLP
- Utilities infrastructure and sustainability, Scottish and Southern Energy
- Property Development advice, JLL
Work is planned to begin next year and will be completed six months before the Games start in 2014.
The planned mix of 700 riverside homes incorporates a diverse range of sizes and types of properties that will be important in creating a balanced community and will aid sales of the homes. 300 of these homes will be for sale, with 300 being provided for social housing and a further 100 for mid market rent.
After the Games, City Legacy will construct a further 765 additional homes. The riverside site will include an urban beach, as well as supervised play spaces. The homes will be low rise, with many energy efficient features resulting in a minimum 60% carbon emission reduction.
Posted by Fish at 8:45 PM